Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Approaching a hard topic

I won't be giving an accurate deception of this article but quite honestly I couldn't get through it without breaking into heaving sobs but its out there. There is this article in the SLC times and it talks about 'Open Adoption' and the good it puts out there. While I agree whole heartily I also disagree. These 'written contracts' are crap. I think that if we are going to enter into a lifetime of trust it ALL needs to be legal. It ALL needs to go through the courts and ALL parties need to be notified if ANYTHING changes. Divorce, moving, even a change in the adoption contract. I think we all need to be held legally responsible for our actions because everything we do will be apart of this child life.

I think a judge needs to be able to look at a situation with a fresh perspective and make a judgement call for the well being of the child. People like myself shouldn't be kept away. People who are intrusive should be. Yeah its all my anger and sadness in this but I honestly there needs to be new laws and courts put into play so things like what I have experienced don't happen. So I don't sit here thinking 'Well IF I fought these people in court.....' Yes ok I know going to court is stupid for just pictures and letters and I am not saying it would ever go past just the thought but the fact that the thought is there is whats irritating. I shouldn't have to think that just to hear how this child is doing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment